Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dland Silkscreening


So the other day, this genius idea occurred to me. It's probably been done before but I'd love to do it for myself. I was thinking about vintage Disneyland posters, which are awesome. You can see a bunch over at Daveland. I really like the look of some of them. They've got this really stylized, 50s/60s retro look to them. And then I thought "Wouldn't it be cool if they had T-shirts with vintage posters on them?" I know you can "print on demand" at various places at Disneyland but there aren't T-shirts as far as I know. If anyone knows, please let me know. Anyways, my idea was silkscreening my own shirts. Unfortunately, I don't have expensive equipment or a very good facility to do it in. I found a "do it at home" method on YouTube, which I might try but at the moment, I have like 5 projects going and school so this would be a project for the future. But the mostly simple shapes and limited color palettes on the posters lend themselves to relatively easy silkscreening projects but I don't know because I've never tried it. I just think it would be great if I had my own custom T-shirts with vintage posters on them!

Professional Way:
(aren't these guys awesome?)




At Home:



So that's my great idea. I hope I can do it sometime and it works out. I'd probably have to make different stencils for the different colors, but I'd have an awesome shirt that no one else does!

No comments:

Post a Comment